Saturday, 9 February 2008

Does the Asus EEE replace a Thin Client?

I was thinking about buying a Thin Client for home use. I wanted to have a router with very low power consumption and I thought a Thin Client should be the perfect sulution for my master plan. Of course I demand 24/7 runtime.

Now why not use the forthcoming (as in Germany) Asus EEE for that issue? This website over here mentions something around 10 Watts under full load conditions, some Thin Clients I remember had 15 Watts. The price of around 300 Euro is almost the same as I would have to pay for a proper Thin Client.

Not to forget the Asus EEE already has Linux installed on it, whereas most Thin Clients don't.

Until that, I can use my socket for opening bottles of beer like the fellow here :D :

No comments:

(c) Copyright 2008 MarshallMar. "Moral" rights asserted. Permission is hereby granted to copy and to distribute this web page in its original, unmodified form as long as its last modification datestamp is preserved. blogoscoop

web metrics

Sportwetten Vergleich | Tipico Bonus und Rabatt | 888sport Bonus und Rabatt | Tipico Bonus und Rabatt | PartyBets.com Bonus und Rabatt | PartyBets.com Bonus und Rabatt